I'll never go to this CDC location in Marlborough ever again.

I booked my appointment almost a month ago and was instructed to drink 2 litres of water in the morning before my appointment which was scheduled for 9:35. I was having a kidney and bladder ultrasound so I wasn't allowed to use the washroom before the exam and I had to finish drinking my water an hour before my appointment time.

I have suffered from reoccurring bladder infections for a few years now, and this was the reason for the kidney ultrasound - to determine if the infection had spread. Having a current bladder infection, it is difficult already to wait to go to the bathroom even without 2 litres of water sitting in my lower abdomen.

I was sitting in the waiting room for a total of 40 minutes (they didn't call me in until 9:58 and I was a bit early) and by this point I was almost shaking from having to pee so bad. The assistant sent me into a change room and told me to put on the gown and take my shirt off, then left. Didn't give me any instructions of what to do after that.

I stood there in the gown for about 12 minutes until another nurse walked by and I anxiously stopped her and asked how much longer I would have to wait, because I really had to pee. She went to ask the ultrasound technician and came back and told me another 15 minutes or so. I almost lost it, because that would mean I'd have to wait another 30 minutes at least before I could use the bathroom. I explained to her that I had 2 litres of water sitting in me, I have a bladder infection, and I can't hold it for another half hour because it's causing me significant pain. She smiled and went around the corner to talk to another nurse. Then she came back LAUGHING (seriously!) and said that if I wanted, I could go pee a little bit but to leave most of it in my bladder. She had a hard time even saying it with a straight face. I couldn't even believe the nerve of her - to treat a patient like that, who is obviously suffering...

She then left, and about 5 minutes later I heard the ultrasound technician in the other room say goodbye to someone she was talking to on the phone and then she came to get me, which makes me believe that she was actually just chatting on the phone the entire time and that's why I was having to wait so long, because I never saw another patient come out of the ultrasound area at all the whole time I was there, and after she did my exam and I was finally leaving, I saw her sitting at a desk chatting on the phone again!

I can't believe how rudely I was treated by the staff at this location, and how inconsiderate they are!! Of course, they don't know the personal details of why a patient is getting an exam done, but I'm sure that those who are having kidney exams and have been told to drink 2 litres of water (this is standard procedure!) are probably having some sort of problem with their urinary tract and should be treated in a timely manner so that they can use the bathroom as soon as possible!

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review


Terms of Service
Post Comment
You May Also Like